5 Quick Things #168 🕯
Books, tees, indie makers, & it's almost Advent!
This is just a quick hello as I wave from my week of hanging with my family, so let’s get right to it, shall we?
A woman walks in a forest outside Moscow. #
5 Quick Things ☕️
1. “It’s my sincere hope and prayer that everyone reading these words will find comfort and encouragement to move into the Advent season just as you are.” Words of encouragement from my dear friend Katie.
2. Advent indeed begins this Sunday, November 29! You can still order Shadow & Light because we’re now giving you the introduction + week one free as an instant digital download when you order the hard copy – head here.
3. I created a book-centric gift guide for you! (And Bookshop is offering free shipping from today through Monday, November 30, so take advantage and support indie bookshops with your online ordering.)
4. Teepublic is also offering 35% off right now, so it’s a great time to finally get an At Home in the World tee (tip: get the men’s tri-blend). I’m ordering another one myself.
5. And finally, here’s my gift recommendations on Etsy. Support indie makers, too! They’ve got up to 60% certain items this week.
“I like to compare the holiday season with the way a child listens to a favorite story. The pleasure is in the familiar way the story begins, the anticipation of familiar turns it takes, the familiar moments of suspense, and the familiar climax and ending.”
― Fred Rogers #
Advent Countdown: 2 Days! ✨
Yep, it starts this Sunday, November 29 — but join in when you can. You’re not “late” if you’re not ready this weekend. Remember, Advent is a gift, not a requirement or to-do list. It’s an invitation to slowly exhale, welcome the season gradually, and take a posture of anticipation.
If you’re in the Community I’ll pop in to say hello on Sunday! And remember, even if you order now, you’ll get the introduction + week one digitally for free, for easy instant access.
Have a good weekend!
p.s. This still makes me laugh. Maybe an upside to staying home more this year?