5 Quick Things #175 🧶
Four seconds, good pain, planting irises, and of course — MITTENS
What a week! Whoever thought it’d be filled with Bernie memes? Regardless of who you voted for (or perhaps you’re not even American), the evening’s celebration hosted by Tom Hanks was just delightful, and I am here for this instead of fancy, faraway balls from here on out. And those fireworks! 🤯
I don’t feel like I’ve gotten much work done this week because of the news — or honestly, for the past few weeks. But I am starting to work on a new project, and it’s something you guys ask me about in some form at least once a day now, so I’m eager to share it with you! Beans to be spilled soon. In the meantime, I’ve got my work cut out for me. Onward.
The Aurora Borealis, seen in the sky this week in Lapland, Finland. #
5 Quick Things ☕️
1. Today, Seth & I talk about how we find the motivation to work out, even when (especially when?) we don’t feel like it. (Recognizing the sacramentality of our earthly bodies definitely helps.)
2. Pair the episode with this idea of four seconds making all the difference.
3. And after you listen to us, listen to Beth & Sarah — their unpacking of this week’s inauguration is for all of us this weekend.
4. Of course we were all moved by Amanda Gorman’s jaw-dropping poem at the inauguration. This interview legit made me cry. …Her mama must be so proud.
5. And finally, I like this quick reflection from Austin Kleon: spend time on something that will outlast this. Yes and amen.
Currently Reading 📚
An Ignatian Book of Days, by Jim Manney
“Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage.”
― C.S. Lewis #
Have a good weekend!
p.s. Okay, before we all get sick of them (is it possible? doesn’t feel like it yet)… Here’s a quick recap of some of the best Bernie mitten memes so far. And this interview with the mitten maker is just delightfully normal.