As I write this I’m watching the sky morph from purple to pink and I can hear about a thousand birds tell each other good morning. The peas and green bean babies are shooting up like it’s spring, and there’s good coffee on one side of me and a snoring dog on the other. Goodness is everywhere when we choose to see it.
A blessed Good Friday, y’all.
The Church of Our Savior, in Nuuk, Greenland. #
5 Quick Things ☕️
1. What could be said of Good Friday that hasn’t been said for thousands of years? Today is a day of mystery, and it’s good for us to sit in the mystery without constantly searching for answers. Seth & I reflect on the goodness that Jesus is God and we are not.
2. Why a British gardening show has helped people through the pandemic. (It really is one of the best shows around.)
3. “All over the world, and throughout history, parents have gone about their lives, but they’ve welcomed the kids into it. …And for kids, that’s entertainment enough.” Good lessons on parenting from other cultures.
4. I loved this harrowing but beautifully-written essay on what it’s like to try and do better after being raised by a hoarder.
5. And finally, season 2 of The Chosen starts on Easter Sunday! If you haven’t yet watched season 1, it’s currently streaming on YouTube. I highly recommend.
Currently Reading, Watching, Listening 📚
Orphan Train, by Christina Baker Kline
“It’s at the tomb that we discover things about ourselves. It’s at the tomb that we come to make sense of the questions that have dogged us down the weeks of Lent. At the tomb they all come together in one great, blinding awareness.”
― Joan Chittister #
From the Community 🏠
This week I asked you guys to tell me about an animal you love and so many of these stories made me smile. …And hey, I learned a thing or two:
Owl! at the Library 😴🧙♀️ @SketchesbyBozebetween the pandemic and the sea shanties and the boats going round the Cape of Good Hope, I'm convinced the modern world is a dream we're all having as we wait out the plague in a Tuscan villa during the Renaissance.
Question For You to Ponder… 🤔
What three things matter to you most right now?
Have a good weekend!
p.s. This is an encouragement as we walk in the midst of the Triduum right now.