5 Quick Things, #121 🍾
Happy new year! 2020, along with it being a nice-and-pretty even number, just sounds futuristic, doesn’t it? I keep thinking about Conan’s bit about the year 2000… Last night over dinner, somehow the year 2032 came up and I thought, I wonder if I’ll still be alive then?. And then I realized that’s 12 years from now. 🙄 It’s like we’re living in sci-fi.
It’s been a lovely break from work around here, mostly baking, reading (kids have walked to the library almost every other day), home improvement-ing, and watching The Mandalorian. I’m back at it on Monday, and while I could use another week off, I’m grateful for so many things and I love what I do. And I love new beginnings.
5 Quick Things ☕️
1. I dusted off our annual 20 questions for a New Year’s Eve reflection, and it’s not too late to answer them whenever you want! It also includes my own personal questions for my simple quarterly Think Days.
2. I love Cal’s Analog January Challenge.
3. In the same spirit, here are 20 apps you should delete this year (I’m SUPER on this train right now).
4. I could watch this on repeat, when Stephen Colbert shares how he knew his wife was the one. (I love that guy.)
5. Have you listened yet to the trailer for my new podcast, The Good List? Coming soon and very soon…
“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Time Machine ⏰
One year ago, I wrote about 3 style truths I’ve embraced.
I’ve got a rather big-ish announcement to make next week, so be looking for it... In the meantime, have a great week!
p.s. If you’re currently hankering to Clear All The Things, my friend Joshua’s Uncluttered course is open right now, through January 12. This is the best resource I know for decluttering your home (and mindset), and it’s where I send anyone who asks where to begin. It’s a 12-week program that could be perfect for you this time of year. I’m a fan!
I finally got to listen to the trailer for The Good List. I LOVE IT! I loved the background coffee shop noise and it just felt so intimate. Its wonderful that you are creating something that you love. Thank you for the work you do and congrats on the new project!🥳