How has your week been? For me, it’s been one of those whoosh… there’s the week sprinting by, and now it’s Friday again. Where did the time go? I’m here for it, actually — weekend plans are to clean the house, spend a bit of time outside (hello, sunshine!), and generally be present so kids can do their things: theater practice, D&D meetup at the local library, play outside with the neighbor kids… Basically, it’s a normal weekend, and I couldn’t be happier.
Also, a little heads up that I’m experimenting this week with The Good List episode releasing on Friday (today!), instead of Thursday. If I like this work rhythm, this’ll probably be the new normal. I’m sure you’ve barely noticed, but I wanted to mention it.
5 Quick Things ☕️
1. This week I shared the 11th most popular post of all time on AoS. Another surprising one (at least to me)!
2. Andrea actually gave me her #2 item on her list here for Christmas, and I agree, it’s a delight. And I love her thoughts about the fourth item…
3. Remember you will die. Yep, that idea’s on my Good List! 💀 Today, I explain why — and also how to make thinking about this a healhy, life-giving habit.
4. This has been my reality the past decade. C’est la vie. 🤷♀️
5. Did you love The Good Place as much as me? Look at what someone took the time to create.
“Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure — these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.”
― Steve Jobs
Time Machine ⏰
Four years ago, Osheta wrote about customer service shalom, and I still think about this gem of wisdom all the time.
Have a great weekend!