5 Quick Things, #131 🧼
Fly a kite, walk the dog, watch Ratatouille, & delight in the gift that is LMM
What a week of news, eh? Whether you’re quarantined or are just following events closely, I hope you’re staying safe, getting some rest, and doing your best to make the most of things (I found this very helpful and reassuring).
I got a stomach bug early this week 😷 so my office was largely my bed, where I was doing my best to grade essays, record a podcast, and do a teensy bit of writing in between long bouts of sleep and occasional snippets of books and movies. I feel better now, thank goodness, but I’m still taking it easy. My big moment of the day will most likely be walking the dog — woohoo! 🎉 Definitely feeling cabin fevered, so it’ll be good to get out, even if it’s just the neighborhood.
5 Quick Things ☕️
1. Since I wasn’t feeling well enough to write something new this week, I re-shared one of my classic posts, 20 ways to savor springtime. (Is it in the air where you are yet?)
2. A blender, a standing friend date, a great podcast, and sacred potential. Loved this, needed this.
3. On my Good List this week — creating a basket of your go-to comfort art, a simple but sturdy thing in times of anxiety (like right now).
4. A photographer’s parents wave farewell …What a beautiful marking of quotidian, familiar life.
5. I’ve worked from home for years now, so much of this is already all too familiar to me — still made me laugh, though.
“I don't want to live in the kind of world where we don't look out for each other. Not just the people that are close to us, but anybody who needs a helping hand. I can’t change the way anybody else thinks, or what they choose to do, but I can do my bit.”
― Charles de Lint
Time Machine ⏰
Three years ago, I shared my thoughts on capsule wardrobes.
Have a good weekend — and keep washing those hands,
p.s. Did you see what the lovely and inimitable Lin-Manuel Miranda shared with us yesterday?