5 Quick Things #161 🍂
Dubious advice, long-living presidents, soul cakes, & Matty's all grown
How was your week? It was rather nonstop for me because it was the last week of our first session of school (already?). It means our fall break is next week, which is delightful, but this school year being so weird, it honestly feels like we’re just getting started. I’ll take it, though.
To give you a taste of some current real time-ness — apparently last night I left my laptop’s power cord at the school, so I’m now trying to finish this letter to you before losing battery life (I’m at 27%) and heading back down there to get it. Grr… Of course I left my power cord. *sips coffee, types maniacally*
Petra, a Bavarian mountain farmer, drinks a beer as she returns her cattle from summer pastures in Germany. #
5 Quick Things ☕️
1. Just for fun, this week I shared four things I’m currently enjoying: a podcast, TV series, a book collection, and a recipe.
2. I’m also sharing on the podcast lots of your own voicemails about what’s on your current good list.
3. Did you hear? The grandson of the TENTH PRESIDENT (John Tyler!) of the US recently died at age 95.
4. Did you watch the delightful Father of the Bride Part 3-ish? Here’s the fun backstory of its inception from Nancy Meyers.
5. Eight fascinating Halloween traditions from around the world.
“Tell me to what you pay attention and I will tell you who you are.”
― Jose Ortega y Gassett #
Time Machine ⏰
Six years ago (while we were traveling around the world) I wrote about why it’s essential to make time for the wild.
Alright, I’m now at 17 percent! 💪 Hitting send, then heading out to get my cord.
Have a good weekend,
p.s. Advent Countdown: 50 days! Head here to order Shadow & Light.